You’ve just met someone that you’re attracted to, and you ended up exchanging numbers.
A lot of things can go wrong when a relationship is just starting out, and you end up scaring the person you like away.
Here are a few tips on how to stay together longer:
1. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call within an hour (or a few minutes) of getting someone’s number. Allow a few hours or at least a day to go by.
2. Don’t call too often. The last thing someone needs is a possessive girlfriend/boyfriend calling every second of the day, asking where they are and what they’re doing.
3. Do not show up randomly at a place you know they’ll be hanging out. Maybe you can get away with it once, but two to five times can cause worry.
4. Do not invite yourself to their parents’ house. If you’ve only known the person for two days (or less), there’s no need to get all friendly with mom & dad just yet.
5. DO NOT stalk them online.
6. Guys, don’t take a girl to a fast food restaurant for your first date. Basically what you’re saying is, “hi, i’m cheap and unoriginal, be my girlfriend, not”.
7. Girls, don’t complain about the guy hanging out with his friends more. If you’ve only known him for a week, chances are he’ll drop you from irritation and keep his friends that he’s known since childhood.
8. Girls, do not get jealous over every single girl the guy talks to. Guys get annoyed when they have to constantly prove their faithfulness, and usually that can lead them to cheat, because you stressed them out.
9. Guys, buy flowers. It really is the smaller things that count the most.
10. Express your feelings. That’s the only way you’ll really know how each other feel.