The ‘Friend Zone‘ is just a sugarcoated term for saying “I’m not interested in having a relationship with you, nor am I attracted to you in any way”. It is often a term used for men who become like “doormats” for their female crush. No one wants to be caught in that category. However, often times people find themselves there due to the fact that they have a crush on someone and is trying to get closer to them, but they just can’t seem to get through.
Most people think that building a friendship first with the person their attracted to will lead to something beyond the friendship, so they start out being caring and nice. Fact, being a supportive friend can often get you nowhere, especially if you’re just a shoulder to cry on. What’s worse about this situation is that most of them time these crushes know about your feelings but doesn’t acknowledge them.
Are you familiar with the statement “good guys finish last”? well, sad to say it is true. For example, a girl is dating a bad buy that basically treats her like shit. She always go crying to her friend, the good guy, and complains about how her boyfriend doesn’t treat her well and whatever. No matter how good this friend is to her, wiping her tears, buys her flowers, and comforts her in every single way possible, do you think she’s gonna leave her boyfriend the bad guy for him? of course not. Basically she’s seeing you as a brother, or a pet puppy to cheer her up.
Here are a few lines to know if you’re caught in the friend zone:
1. “I can talk to you about anything”.
2. “You’re my best friend. No one gets me the way you do”.
3. “I hope we never lose the friendship we have”.
4. “I really like this guy. What do you think about him?”
One of the main reasons for ending up in a friend zone is because you’ve let your crush take over all aspect of your life. You’ve become the ‘comforter’, the one who asks “how high” when she says “jump”, and the one who will run to her side in the middle of the night if she calls you crying.
Here are a few ways to get out of the friend zone:
1. Stop being such a nice guy.
2. Let her know you have a life that doesn’t revolve around hers.
3. Check out other women. Make her jealous.
4. Confess your feelings already. You’ll probably get rejected, but it might help you move on. Spending all your time with someone who isn’t interested in being serious with you is just too unhealthy and it wastes your time. There are plenty of fishes in the sea, so go catch them.
Guys, women don’t see their male confidants as a romantic interest. So if you’re caught in the friend zone with her, save yourself and find the nearest exit, cause that’s all you’ll ever be.
What do you guys think about this issue?