Check out these hot hairstyling tips brought to you by celebrity stylist Ursula Stephen via motions hair. A hair maven for all ethnicities, Ursula specializes in textured hair. She is constantly working with weaves, wigs, colors and cuts to create unexpected and versatile styles for the unabashedly modern woman. Her work, as well as her expert advice, can be seen across edgy editorial spreads and in countless publications, such as Cosmopolitan, Elle, Essence, InStyle and Seventeen. Choose from two fierce looks: Posh Pixie, and Romantic waves. Check out each looks below and tips on how to achieve them.
Posh Pixie Day Time Look:
1. Wash with Motions Marula Natural Therapy Strengthening Shampoo and Motions Marula Natural Therapy Strengthening Conditioner, and brush damp hair (starting at the mid-crown) toward the front of the head.
2. Rub a quarter-sized amount of pomade, such as Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade, and run it through hair to get a shaggy, piecey look.
3. Flat-iron the hair in small sections in the direction of the shape of the haircut. Finish off the look with a bit more pomade, and you’re ready to go!
Posh Pixie Nighttime Look:
1. Curl the entire crown of the head by alternating between a medium and large barreled iron, in a backward direction so it curves away from the face.
2. Once the top of the head is curled, apply Motions Light Styling Foam to hands and run through hair.
3. Brush all the curls together and secure with bobby pins at the back of the head. Give the style a light hold finish with Motions Light Hold Spritz.
4. Use the back of the curling iron and lightly brush it against the curls to tame fly aways.
Romantic Waves Daytime Look:
1. Wash with a volumizing shampoo, such as Motions Weightless Conditioning Shampoo, and blow-dry hair in a downward motion until it is 90% dry.
2. Separate the slightly damp hair into 1 inch sections.
3. Spray the outside of a medium-sized barrel curling iron with Motions Light Hold Spritz, and curl each section starting at the cheekbone, pinning the curls as you go along to hold the shape.
4. Once the whole head is curled, take out the pins and finger comb the tendrils to give them a natural, wavy look.
Romantic Waves Nighttime Look:
1. Give waves a fresh look by loosely pinning hair to the right side of the head.
2. Gather hair into a loose side ponytail, not completely pulling hair through the last loop of the elastic.
3. Pin ends in place and spray hair with Motions Oil Sheen and Conditioning Spray.