The first time I encountered horchatas was when I lived in L.A. I was scared to try them because I thought they were a big ol’ glass of watery milk. But we ordered one anyway and boy was I was wrong! Horchatas are refreshing, delicious and made from rice water and almond milk– which I actually enjoy. I also enjoy a little refreshing nip of rum–if you know what I’m saying.
Here’s my recipe for the perfect adult horchata.
- 1 cup of uncooked long grain rice
- 5 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 4 shots of your favorite rum (We…
View original post 90 more words